BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Emma: week 3

Today Emma is three weeks old and we are celebrating our second anniversary!! This past week we got out a lot more and started moms on call schedule. She's doing great I must say! She's doing even better at night than I could have anticipated. We have had several nights she's made it from bed time til 3am, a few 2 am nights and then last night she made it til 4am! She's been a really good eater and napper as well. Her best nap of the day is from 10-12 in the morning. Her mid day nap is hit or miss so that's usually when I try to get out if we are wanting to get out of the house. 

Thursday night Tommy and I took her out to eat for the first time. We ventured to Vintage Pizza. They have a cool concept there because one side is kid friendly and the other is 18 and up so you don't feel bad if your child gets fussy because everyone in your side has kids. Angel slept the whole time and we got to enjoy some beer and pizza! 


On Friday I took her to school to meet my coworkers and I needed to fax some papers to insurance. It was nice to see everyone at work. It was their post planning day. From school I met my mom (Mimi), Bonnie, collier and Christy Balfour at the botanical gardens to see the Chihuly exhibit. Emma did great! I couldn't find somewhere to nurse so I ended up pacing the handicap bathroom. That was a first! And hopefully a last! 


Every day we play dress up because girlfriend has more clothes than me! 



We love weekends because daddy is home! Friday night we just relaxed at home (our sweet neighbor brought us dinner) and watched a movie. 

Saturday Tommy and I took turns on duty. He got up sooo early to go play a round of golf on his own. Fastest round he's ever played. He was HOME by 8:30am ha! I then ran to target to get a few things ALONE before Tommy's parents and Aunt Marsha stopped by for a visit. We ended the night with dinner at my sisters with my parents and Nana. It was a great night! Collier is so entertaining right now and Emma got her Mimi, Nana, Grandpa and Auntie Bonnie snuggles in. 

Sunday we started our day with a walk at Murphy Candler and took Cooper for a swim. 
We haven't quite navigated getting up and ready for church. Maybe next week. I need to figure out how to navigate it all. We usually go to the 8:45 service but she eats at nine so maybe for the time being we should just go to the ten am service in the sanctuary. Things to figure out! 

Sunday night we had a party with our tennis team. It was nice to see everyone away from the tennis court! She was such a cute little watermelon! 


(This is her "I'm pooping" face and me laughing at her!) 

Yesterday we just relaxed at home and cleaned the house a bit. Late afternoon yesterday we had some friends over to have one last group get together before Christy moves to Wedt Palm to join her boyfriend, Andrew. She moves this Saturday. We will miss having her close but look froward to making a trip to visit them! Andrew was one of Tommy's best men and Christy had been one of my closest friends since sixth grade. We are excited for them that they will finally live in the same city! 
She had to wear a festive outfit for Memorial Day! 




Today we got up and walked early because it's starting to be too hot for her after she eats at nine. We then met my best friend, Ansley, to go to the mall for lunch and some shopping. Nice to get out for just a little bit. Tonight my parents are babysitting so we can go out to dinner to celebrate our Anniversary. Thanks Mimi and Grandpa! 

The biggest success from week three is Emma is now sleeping in her crib. It was an easy transition for her and easier than I thought it would be for me. It was time for her to go to her room. Tommy was having to creep around in the morning to get ready for work and at night tip toe in because he goes to bed later than both of us. She was sleeping in longer stretches the past week so we decided to try it Sunday night. She's such a big girl! 

We are so blessed to be her parents and love seeing how she changes every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment