BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Weekend Recap: Showers and Mother's Day

This past weekend was a BUSY one for the Robinson household. On Friday we just took it easy at home because I needed to prep for the shower I was hosting the next day. We watched "The Greatest Showman" finally and my husband felt betrayed afterwards because I didn't really explain what exactly it was. The music was SO good! 



Saturday morning I got up before Emma to shower because I just knew the morning would be hectic. Tommy was playing in the semi-finals tennis playoffs and I had to get the rest of my things ready for the shower before running Emma to my parents to nap then drive to Grant Park area where I was hosting my friend Audrey's shower. Audrey is one of my dear friends from college who lives in Kansas City and expecting her first child (baby girl!) in August. Me and two other good college girlfriends hosted a shower for her. It was small but wonderful! It was so good to see Audrey and get to spend some time with my girlfriends and their moms. It was the perfect afternoon!












I had to scoot home around 5 to get home to refresh before leaving for Decatur for a couples baby shower for our friends Caroline and Drew who are expecting their first child (Maggie!) in July. Tommy got home from getting Emma and running and errand at 5:25 and our sitter arrived at 5:30. Like I said, busy day! We both freshened up and headed out with the Hartmans to the shower. Nice to have an adult night out and to celebrate Maggie!

Sunday morning was a beautifully relaxed morning with my little family. We went to J Christophers early for breakfast (with everyone else with little children), ran home to scoop Cooper up, then headed to the river to let him swim and let Emma splash around in the water. The weather has been so warm lately this sounded like the perfect morning to me. We came home and Emma played some more outside with her water table and we hosed Cooper off before Emma napped. 

After her nap we headed to my parents house for an early dinner with my whole family (minus James) and Tommy's parents. It was the perfect end to the day to be with my loved ones. We sat outside and enjoyed curried kebabs by my dad and some summer salads. It was the perfect Mother's Day for me. Tommy and Emma made me feel very special and loved. Can't believe next Mother's day I will be a mother of two. Still wrapping my head around that! 

Mother's Day is so hard for so many around me. Just wanting to send my love to those with hard circumstances on holidays like this. posted this on my instagram Sunday because it just spoke to me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment