BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Labor Day Weekend

You To say I needed a long weekend is an understatement. Last week at school was rough. Everyone needed a break and I'm hoping when we get back at it everyone will feel rested and refreshed. 

The Auburn game was at the dome this weekend in Atlanta so Tommy had some friends come to town. A big group of us went to Smokebelly on Friday night for dinner. It was delicious! I had never been. They had a huge farm table on the deck that was great because we could all sit together and the weather was perfect patio temp. We turned in after dinner so save up for a full day of football on Saturday. 

Saturday morning we woke up early, grabbed some breakfast, and picked up the Reynolds and Christy. We parked in the yellow lot by the dome which was great because we had some tree coverage and it wasn't a terrible walk from the game. We set up our first adult tailgate. We had WAY too much food! I borrowed my parents tent and table which were life savers. The weather was perfect in the morning but come midday it started to get really warm. 




Yes I'm wearing an Auburn shirt. No I haven't abandoned my team! It's just not worth sticking out in the crowd when I'm going to the Auburn game. Anyway, we had a fun-filled day of tailgating before heading the the game. To say I was melting by the time we got inside is underplaying the situation.  Thank goodness for air conditioning! Auburn played Louisville and for most of the game it looked like auburn would win no problem but it got pretty close near the end but Auburn still came away with a win! 

Sunday, I was supposed to go rafting with a group of our friends but I just wasn't feeling up for it. Tommy still went and I just rested at home. We made tomato soup and grilled cheese for dinner. Perfect sick day dinner! Thankful for a husband who takes good care of me. 

Monday we had a great day! We got some things done around the house this morning before going to my parents for lunch. The best part of a holiday weekend is everyone being off work. James and Claire came home for a few days after the UGA game so we had the whole family there for lunch (minus nana). We hadn't all been together since the beach in early July so it was wonderful! Mom made coronation chicken and we enjoyed the screened porch and each other's company. 

Monday night we met our good friends, Andrew and Kyle Hartman, for dinner to catch up. They were traveling last weekend and are traveling again this coming week so we took advantage of the holiday to see them. We attempted to go to Verde but totally forgot with it being a holiday that they might be closed so we ended up at Mellow Mushroom. 

It was a great holiday weekend and we felt refreshed and renewed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment