BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Show and Tell Tuesday: My Loves

show-and-tell-tuesday-topics-resized
Linking back up with Andrea for Show and Tell Tuesday with the topic of reintroducing you to my loves! 


Tommy and I have been married for 2.5 years {May 31, 2014} but have known each other for 13 years {really longer but I remember meeting him when I was 15}. We went to high school together and were just good friends throughout high school and college. Tommy went to Auburn university and graduated in 2010. He moved back to Atlanta post graduation and we started dated in the Summer of 2011 once I had graduated from UGA and moved back to Atlanta as well. Tommy is the most genuine, honest, hard-working, caring, and funniest person. He pours himself into Emma and me every day. The joy on his face when he is making funny faces at Emma or making up silly songs to sing to her says just how much he loves her. Tommy is an outside sales rep for James Hardie selling their interior products. It may have taken him 6 years to find the job that suits him but I think he has finally found his nitch. He is such a handy man and working in the construction world suits his personality and interests so well. He has been working with them since September of 2016 and there is a visible change in him that exudes how much happier he is at a work. For this I am thankful! Tommy loves the outdoors (especially on the golf course) and enjoys exploring with me. He is my best friend and I love getting to share my life with him. 





Emma is my beautiful daughter who is 9 months old. It feels like she has been part of our family for so much longer. I can't even remember what it was like not having to take her into our daily routines. She brings so much joy into our home and we are so blessed to have her in our family. She is a busy bee these days with crawling, pulling up on everything and getting into everything. She keeps me on my toes for sure! She loves her dog and keeps us laughing constantly! 





Cooper is our 4 year old yellow lab. Tommy got Cooper a few months before we got engaged. He is the best dog (minus his barking) and he is such a big part of our family. He loves to go to the beach with us, he treasures his alone time with his daddy in the mornings, he loves his baby sister, and he is our protector. Cooper keeps us busy and doesn't let us forget when he wants to go for a walk or to play fetch. He would do anything for a tennis ball. Food isn't his main priority! The crazy dog skips meals on the reg. We love him so!





I come from a big family. I am one of four children. I have an older sister, Bonnie (30), and twin younger siblings, James and Claire (22). My parents are from South Africa and they immigrated here when Bonnie was 6 weeks old. My maternal grandmother (Nana) lives here now as well. She immigrated from England a few years ago and it's been so wonderful having her so close to join in on our family activities. I love my family more than anything and I enjoy hanging out with them more than anyone else. We have so much fun together and keep each other laughing. My family is loud, loving and genuinely wonderful people. I am so fortunate! My brother-in-law, Brett, joined our family almost 5 years ago and I feel like I've known him forever. My nephew who is (almost) 2 and a firecracker. He keeps us all on our toes and laughing constantly. He fits right into my crazy family!









Not only do I have a great family but I also married into one. The Robinsons are also a loud and crazy fun family too. There is never a dull moment and we are fortunate they live close by too! Emma gets to see both sets of grandparents often. Tom and Courtney have welcomed me with open arms the past 5 years and I am so lucky. Beth (Tommy's older sister) lives in Charleston with her fiance, Danny, (he's only her fiance a few days more. They get married on Sunday!) and their dog Cody. We miss them but they do come to visit often. Again I am so blessed to have married into such a great family!






Those are the LOVES in my life! Happy Valentines Day!






No comments:

Post a Comment