BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Life Lately

We have been busy the past few weeks so here's a little snapshot of what has been going on! A little update on me is that I was offered to move into the math instructional coach position next year at my school which I'm excited about. Math has always been my strength (not just in teaching but for me in school I always was more successful at math) and it'll give me the opportunity to work more with curriculum. I feel I've gotten the RTI/SST program back on track at my school and it's time to pass the torch to someone else. I will start my new role at the end of July. 

The week after Beth's wedding both Emma and I were sick and I ended up taking some sick leave to try and recover from laryngitis. Hard to conduct a bunch of meetings when you can't speak and feel crummy. I started feeling better by the end of the weekend. We still enjoyed some time with friends to get out and about. 

Friday night we met the Chamberlin's for dinner at Verde. So happy they live so much closer to us now! When we left dinner Tommy had a flat tire so Brett came to pick us up because we were pushing bedtime. Thank goodness for our village!


On Saturday we went to a brewery for an hour or so to celebrate my friend Carly's birthday. We then stopped in for a quick visit with Tommy's great Aunt who is not doing well. 


We then finished the night with dinner at the Willis with BYOM (Bring your own meat) night. The kiddos enjoyed playing and we enjoyed the family time. (Collier being silly and stealing Emma's bow for himself!)
We have enjoyed some unseasonable warm days outside in the yard. We didn't really get a true Winter here in Atlanta.

Cooper is still Emma's best friend and the one who gets the belly laughs the most.


She sat in the front seat while we were waiting on Tommy to return his rental car and she thought it was hilarious pretending to drive. 





This past weekend Tommy and I drove up to Raleigh on Saturday for his cousin Nida's wedding. We had a great time! Then drove all the way back on Sunday. It was a quick turnaround. Thanks to my parents for keeping Emma for the night. It was good for us to get some alone time and good for her to get some time away from mommy. 

Picture day outfit for school. She apparently cried and cried so no cute smiling picture this time. Oh well it'll save me some money not having to buy it but come on little stinker!

And I'll end it with one of my "good morning mom" pictures I got from Tommy one day this week once I was already at work. 

We have a very busy few months coming up. Lots of fun things to look forward to! Next up is Emma's 10 month update on Friday! I can't believe she will be 10 months this week. My how time flies when you're having fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment