BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Friday, December 8, 2017

Life Lately

I haven't posted since Thanksgiving so here's a look at what we have been up to lately. Some good and some sick. We got our Christmas tree the day we got home from Thanksgiving because I was so excited to decorate!




I needed to get the house all decorated because last Friday night was my annual Favorite Things party that I host with Ansley. We have been hosting a Christmas party together now for 6 years. We started with a cookie exchange and then switched to do Favorite Things three years ago and it's one of my favorite nights of the year. We provide the wine and a few main food items then everyone brings an app/finger food/dessert to share along with their gifts. Every person brings three of the same item that is a favorite of theirs from the year. Everyone writes their name to go in a hat three times. Then each person takes a turn telling us about their favorite item and draws three names to go home with that item. By the end of the night you go home with 3 new things and lots of ideas of gifts for the other women in your life! The item has to be $10 or less. This year I think was our best year of gifts yet. The girls really get creative in what they bring and it's so fun to learn about different stuff. Some of them from this year were face halo, invisibobble, mascara, wet brush, The Nightingale, cell phone mount for the car, blanket scarf, trader joes candle, clear clutch, face mask, and a few other beauty products. 












The day after the party was the SEC championship (Auburn played Georgia!) so we decided to go down to tailgate with friends from both of our colleges. We had the best day! I had a few friends in town and it was so great to see them. Tommy went into the game and I went back to my parents to watch with them and my sister. We won! Go dawgs. Bring on playoffs!








That Sunday night we decided to go check out the Lights of Life at Life University and funny enough my sister and her family had decided to do the same so we met them there. We rode the train together then drove the lights on our own and headed home. We always went as kids so we both wanted to have our Little’s experience it too. The lights are great!





This girl loves looking around the Christmas tree. Christmas is such a special time of the year but experiencing it through the eyes of your child makes it that much more special! 

Oh man I forgot to also add that the week leading up to the football game I decided to pull a prank on tommy. I decided to dress Emma in red and black each day and see if he would notice (house divided. I had to!) and he didn’t pick up on it until Friday when I threw it in his face. Here are her outfits! He was so mad he didn’t pick up on it. 









And then last bit before my next post is the dreaded croup reared it’s ugly head again last week. I had to take a few days off and my mom helped too so she could get the rest she needed and I didn’t miss as much work. Cold season is no joke! Poor thing was pretty pitiful and that cough scares the heck out of me. 

Lots of snow and holiday cheer to come In my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment