BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Christmas 2017

Finally getting around to recapping Christmas. I really took "break" seriously the past two weeks and never even opened my computer. It was a much needed time with my family and friends. Christmas was magical this year and I can just see how it's only going to get better in the years to come.

December 22nd: Emma spent the night at her cousin's house while Tommy and I got a night out on the town. We met the Mitchlers and Maxeys at the St. Regis for the saboring and some cocktails while enjoying the Christmas decor there before heading to our dinner reservation at Storico Fresco. It was such a fun night! We wish those Maxeys would move back already ;) and the recommendation from Elizabeth for Storico Fresco was fantastic. Best lasagne I've ever had! Tommy and I were in much need of a dinner date.









December 23rd: We were able to celebrate the twins birthday since my brother came in the night before. We did apps and desserts in the late afternoon with my parents. Can't believe they are 23. Wasn't it just yesterday they were my "babydolls" I got to play with. Watching them mold into the adults they are today is fun to watch. 













Later that night we joined the Bobinskis over at the Stellings for a chinese dumpling dinner. It was delicious and we always enjoy our time with them. We missed the Hartmans. Amazing how these relationships have evolved since the boys first moved into Mathieson soon after college. It's crazy to think that I didn't know Kyle and Andrew Hartman 6  years ago. Our Mathieson framily is so special to me. 

Christmas Eve: We went to the 10am children service with my in-laws and Bonnie/Brett/Collier to kick off Christmas. It was such a fun service that was perfect for our busy toddlers. Who wouldn't love seeing a camel and donkey walking down the aisle of their church singing song after song. 









After church we headed home for nap time and then I scooted to the clubhouse to help set up for dinner that night. We rented out my neighborhood's clubhouse for our big Christmas Eve dinner with all our SA families. We had 26 adults and the two kiddos. We had a fabulous time! The space worked out perfectly and my mom did a great job with all the details to make it perfect. Tommy friend two turkeys for dinner and everyone else brought the rest of the food. We had amazing appetizers, sides, and desserts but the best part was the company we had. I look forward to this time with these special people every year. Growing up we didn't have family here and so these families were our family. 

























Christmas: We woke up at home to enjoy the morning just the three of us. Emma had a ball with her new toys from us and Santa. It was a very Minnie Christmas from us. She is OBSESSED. It was such fun watching her and she didn't really "get" santa this year but I think she will next year. We had a slow morning which was nice. After spending some time with her toys at home we headed to my parents for brunch and gifts with my family. We had a delicious spread! It's quite chaotic with all the Williams crew but I wouldn't want it any other way. This year was our year for Christmas with my family. I just love watching Collier and Emma together (even with some meltdowns in between. They are toddlers what can we expect especially when Emma likes to touch all of Collier's toys). Per usual we were spoiled all around. We decided this year to do secret santa among the siblings/spouses instead of buying everyone a gift. I had Bonnie and Tommy had Claire. I think Tommy is the only person who didn't tell anyone who he had. He took it very seriously! We enjoyed the time together for sure. 

















At around 1 when it was time for a nap we drove to the Robinsons. Emma napped there while we did gifts with Tom, Courtney, and Aunt Marsha. Once Emma was awake we did her gifts and an early dinner of beef tenderloin (yum!) before heading home for the night. We enjoyed a quiet night in watching tv just the two of us to close out the day. We stayed in our jammies all day which was GLORIOUS!



Christmas always goes by so quickly once it's here. I love the season and I love all the time with family. It's pretty great that the people I enjoy spending the most time with is my family. Not everyone can say that and for that I am truly grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment