BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Our Big Secret

Well I've been slower on the blogging lately because what I really wanted to talk about I couldn't just yet! We are so excited to announce that we are expecting a baby girl to our family next May. Tommy and I have been married almost a year and a half and we knew when we got married that kids were something very important to us. We are so excited/nervous/anxious/blessed to be embarking on this journey to parenthood. We waited to announce til we were able to tell the gender. We did the genetic testing at 11 weeks but weren't able to share the news with our families until this past Friday night. We hosted a gender reveal party for our families and a few of our closet couple friends at our house Friday. We made chicken chili and regular chili with a variety of blue/pink desserts. Friends and my mom brought the appetizers and tommy a mom made the cornbread. We had 22 over for the fun! It was a wonderful night getting to finally share that we were having a GIRL! I ordered these adorable scratch off cards from etsy for the reveal. Once everyone was there we announced as to not delay the inevitable. The rest of the night we just enjoyed each other's company. We are so fortunate to be surrounded by so many loved ones. Here are some pictures of the decorations from the night. 










Saturday for lunch I met my college girlfriends to do the same gender reveal with them. We met for lunch at kaleidoscope. They were so excited and most of them were wrong. Everyone but Carly thought it was a boy. We had a nice time catching up! Kier drove in from Columbia to join which was awesome! I mailed the cards to Audrey in KC, Gorman in NYC, and Samantha in Orlando so they could be part of the fun even though they couldn't be at lunch. I am so lucky to have such great friends! 



Then lastly was our official announcement on social media. I ordered the sign from Etsy and then couldn't resist buying the sparkly shoes from Carters. Baby girl already has such a cute mini wardrobe. Girl clothes are so precious. We have so much to look forward to. We are so grateful for the prayers over the past few months for our growing girl and we pray that she continues growing strong and happy until we get to meet her smiling face in May. 

For this child, I have prayed and the lord answered my prayer. 
1 Samuel 1:27

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the precious announcement and parties!!! So happy for you both! Baby girl is already so loved! Can't wait to meet her in May!

    ReplyDelete