BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Weekend Recap

This past weekend ended up becoming quite a busy one. I feel like I say that often but it just happens. I'm starting with lunchtime on Friday I scooted over to Northside Hospital to meet the newest Harvard. Oh Mae Stanley you are one precious baby girl! I am so excited for Lindsey and Brooks on the arrival of their beautiful, healthy baby girl. She is such a lucky kiddo to have them as parents and to have two big brothers to protect her. Welcome Mae Stanley! 

Friday night we went over to my in-laws to visit with Beth and Danny (they came from Charleston to escape Hurricane Matthew) and Coco and Tpop. We had a nice afternoon just hanging out and dinner on the screened porch. The weather is too beautiful right now to not take advantage of the porch. Emma and I scooted home for her to get to bed. Tommy and I just relaxed the rest of the night. We were both exhausted from him traveling all week and me being on my own. I was WIPED!

Saturday morning we got up and got ready for the day. Tommy ran to Kroger to get burgers/hotdog and fixings for football later while I showered and got ready. We had a shower across the street for our neighbors who are expecting their second baby boy this December. We went for about an hour after Emma ate and before she needed to nap. We came home and Emma went down for her nap and we got ready for visitors for the Auburn game. Emma took a STELLAR 2 hour and 45 minute nap. We watched football, grilled out and enjoyed the company of a bunch of our high school friends.Then later that day we went to the Hartman's with the Burfords for more football and BBQ dinner. I hadn't seen Charlie in forever so it was great to see them and get the kiddos together! 





Sunday morning Emma slept til 7:45! so there was no way we would be ready and out the door to make church by 8:45 so we stayed home and watched it from home. The new pastor was preaching and it was great! I'm excited for him to start in January. Emma took another awesome nap before we headed up to North Georgia to Burt's pumpkin patch with my family for picking out some pumpkins. I always went to Burt's with my family each year growing up and so Bonnie and I want to continue that tradition with our kids. It was a lot of fun having my parents and Nana join as well. The weather was perfect and the kids were in good moods. Burt's was PACKED as always but we got some good pumpkins. When they are a bit older we will wait in the long line for the hayride but for now it didn't really seem worth it. 










From Burt's we drove straight to the Stellings house to catch the second half of the UGA game and to see Andrew Maxey and Christy Reimann one more time before they flew back to West Palm Beach. 

Monday I had the day off school so Emma and I got to enjoy our day. We met my mom with the dogs in the morning at Gold Branch for a nice walk along the Chattahoochee River. The rest of the day consisted of grocery shopping, cooking, and napping. It was a much needed day to get things checked off my to-do list and spend some time with the little one. It's getting harder and harder going to work each day because she is really starting to change so much with her personality and milestones that I feel as though I'm missing so much more than I was when I first came back to work. That is life and I cherish the time I do get with her every afternoon/evening and the weekends. This week is fairly calm. I am hosting Supper Club tonight and then we don't have too much on the agenda for the weekend. 




No comments:

Post a Comment