BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Week in review

This week has been one full of stress, sickness, friends, family, and football. The work week started out with stressors that only a teacher in elementary school would understand. This time of year is when everyone is tired and ready for a break. Only 10 more school days until we get 10 days off and I think it couldn't come at a better time. This morning at church, the sermon was about fear and what we are fearing in our daily life. This whole school year I have felt from within and from the people around me the fear of the unknown. Education is a hard place to be in right now especially if you teach a grade that is tested. Georgia has made many changes that revolve around testing and haven't informed the teachers to the fullest extent what it's going to look like. This brings about so many emotions for so many people. I'll just leave it as that for now. 
Wednesday, I could feel myself starting to get sick so I did something I haven't done in the past three years and I took a half day just to sleep it off. This made a WORLD of a difference for me.

I was needing some girl time with my college friends, so thank goodness Thursday was girls night at my friend Carly's house. Boy have times changed since first graduating from college. Four of us (we have dwindled because my friends are awesome people and have scattered themselves worldwide but sure makes me sad how far away they all live) sat around her dining room table with water and a little bit of wine, crab cakes, orzo, real napkins, and discussions about weddings, babies, and vacations. I wouldn't trade these nights with the girls for anything. It was just what the doctored ordered. 

For the first time in weeks, Tommy and I had no plans for Friday night so we enjoyed some wine on the porch before grabbing a casual dinner at this place near our house called Takorea. It is a Korean Taco joint. I was skeptical but it was actually very tasty! 

Saturday, Tommy enjoyed his usual golf outing while I spent the morning in the fresh air with Cooper before watching football the remainder of the day. Georgia won against Kentucky (Thank goodness!!) but unfortunately Auburn had a major upset loss against Texas A & M. Best part of the Auburn game was getting to hang out with my long-time best friend Katherine! 

Katherine lives in Jackson, Wyoming, and is home for the next two weeks between her work seasons. She lives far away but we pick up right where we left off every time I see her! It was wonderful to see her and so happy she is home for a few weeks so I get to soak it up while I can! 

Today has been a busy day from the start! We went to the 8:45 service with Bonnie and Brett. Tommy and I then went across to the Sanctuary for the beginning of the 10:00 service to see a dear friend's youngest son get baptized! Gaines Alton Harvard is such a sweet little boy who has wonderful parents! It has been so much fun seeing Lindsey's family grow over the years!
After seeing Gaines get baptized we scooted out the back of the church and headed for Dahlonega for the day with my family. My mother loves to go to the mountains in the fall to see the changing of the leaves so she made a reservation at Montaluce Winery (where my sister got married on June 2, 2012) for the whole family for lunch. The weather was beautiful but more importantly I got to spend the day with my whole family! The twins came home for the night so they were able to join us as well. We enjoyed delicious food, tasty wine, beautiful views, and family fellowship. Was a great way to end the weekend! Looking forward to heading to Litchfield in two weeks to spend an entire week with my family. There is nothing I enjoy more! 


(All the women in my family: Me, Claire, My mother, Bonnie, and my Nana)

Now it's back to the grind!

No comments:

Post a Comment