BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

What's Up Wednesday- February 2016

Linking up for What's Up Wednesday for the last Wednesday of the month. 

What we're eating this week.... Well on Monday I went to a friends for dinner, last night we went to Tommy's parents for dinner (lasagna) and tonight I'm going to dinner with my friend Ansley. It's just one of those weeks. I will be making Jambalaya tomorrow for dinner with sausage and chicken! Next week will be more on our time. This just became a jam-packed week. 

What I'm reminiscing about... The days when I could go to a brewery with friends and drink a beer. I know that may sound silly but we went to Asheville a few weekends ago and went to SIX breweries. This weekend we have a birthday celebration for a friend of mine from college and it's at a brewery or two. I just want to drink a tasty beer. 11 weeks (or less/more) and counting...

What we've been up to...Traveling a lot (Asheville and Blue Ridge, Tommy went on a bachelor party to North Georgia) and a wedding. We had the Bradley wedding and rehearsal dinner last weekend. It's been a crazy February but we have had a great time! 

What I'm dreading...Getting even bigger. I'm able to get around and do everything I need right now but every day I get more uncomfortable when it comes to putting on my shoes, changing clothes, sleeping, etc. Oh the joys of pregnancy. I really shouldn't complain because I have felt great most of my pregnancy but my belly is just starting to get MUCH bigger. 

What I'm working on...The NURSERY! I just painted her monogram for above the crib this afternoon. Slowly I'm gathering what we need to finish it off. I bought a rug last week. We will be purchasing the crib shortly too so that we have all the main furniture and can start figuring out the layout of the room/where to put things on the wall. 

What I'm excited about...Our friends on our tennis team had their little baby GIRL on Monday. Looking forward to meeting Maggie sometime soon. I hope her and Emma become fast friends. Along with baby Annie who is due any day now as well from our tennis team. 

What I'm watching/reading... Right now I'm watching Chelsea Does on Netflix and The People vs. OJ Simpson. I enjoy watching documentaries so these two were a good change from my binge watching of Parenthood. 



What I'm listening to... Q100 (The Bert Show) but starting next week I'll be switching my morning commute to STAR 94 because Jenn Hobby and Jeff Dollar are starting a new show together. I've missed having them on the Bert Show and really look forward to hearing them in the mornings again. 


What I'm wearing....the only things that fit me. A lot of black leggings, uggs, and long tunics. My maternity wardrobe is not varied. I do my best with accessories but at the end of the day I'm in something that is comfortable. 

What I'm doing this weekend....my first BABY SHOWER! I can't wait! My supper club ladies (mix of childhood, high school, college, and after college friends) are throwing me my first shower and I can't wait. 

What I'm looking forward to next month...Tommy and I are traveling to the Highlands in North Carolina for a mini babymoon and getaway. He gave me a prenatal massage for my birthday for that weekend. I am just looking forward to a few days of just us. We have been so busy the past two months on the weekends that we haven't gotten much us time. It's MUCH needed. We rented a VRBO house that is dog friendly so we will be bringing Cooper with us. We are most likely going to spend one day exploring Cashiers and one day exploring the Highlands. I am hoping for nice weather so we can go for some nice nature walks and such. Can't wait! 

Til next month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment