BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

What's Up Wednesday (September Edition)

I haven't linked up for awhile for What's Up Wednesday so I decided to join back. 

What we're eating this week....Sunday night we had leftovers from Thursday which was this 
Monday: Chicken Enchiladas with homemade guac
Tuesday: Dinner at my parents
Wednesday: Pepperoni, pesto and mozzarella calzones
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Picnic at the Ben Rector Concert at Chastain
Saturday: Dinner out 

What I'm reminiscing about....All the good times I had at football games with my friends in college and living in the same place as all my girlfriends. We haven't all been together in the same place since last September for Lizzie's wedding (we were even missing a few then too) so our trip to Texas in October is going to be so good for the soul. There are 16 of us going to Austin and 3 of us live in Atlanta. My friends are ALL over! They live in Puerto Rico, New York, Orlando, Columbia, DC, Nashville, Memphis, Napa, LA, Kansas City, Richmond, and Panama City (which Lizzie is unfortunately the only one who can't make it). It's going to be such a great weekend with I'm sure lots of reminiscing going on! 
This picture was from our senior year Red Rose weekend field party. 



What I'm loving.... I'm loving that the weather is slowly starting to change. The nights are getting a bit cooler. BRING ON FALL TEMPS


What we've been up to... Lots of football watching, tennis, snuggling with Emma, Emma's baptism, lake trip, beach trip over Labor Day and enjoying our weekend. Tommy just started a new job last Monday working for James Hardie doing sales for them and is really enjoying it so far.

What I'm dreading... I'm dreading work in October. For some reason October is always so stressful/disjointed/high anxiety for everyone in the school building. I always look forward to when October is going to end! I know I'm not teaching anymore but the work in a school building never ends no matter what position you are. 


What I'm working on... I'm working on balancing when to say "no". I'm not always very good at saying "no" to activities and such. I have a hard time when I think I'm going to miss something but I know that it may be too much for Emma to handle in one day. Life is different now with a little one and being able to balance both without isolating us and without overwhelming me/her. 

What I'm excited about... I'm excited about all the changes Emma is going through and how much her little personality is making its BIG way out. She is the light in our lives and I can't get enough of her. I rush out of school every day because I can't wait to get home and play.


What I'm watching/reading... Grey's is back for another season and because of all the posts the other day about the new NBC show I'm going to start watching that. I would like to see Stranger Things as well because I've heard it's awesome too.

What I'm listening to... Ben Rector because I'm excited to go to his concert on Friday (or maybe I'm more excited for a date night with my husband. Haven't been out just the two of us since our anniversary in May!)

What I'm wearing... my same old same old. Nothing new to report in this department

What I'm doing this weekend... Concert Friday and then going to tailgate for the UGA vs. Tennessee game. So excited to take Emma to Athens for the first time and to see my brother and sister. Can't wait! 


What I'm looking forward to next month... Looking forward to pumpkin patching (yes I made that into a verb) at Burts, Emma's first Halloween (oh babies in costumes!), my girls trip to Austin, TX. So many fun things in October! 

Bonus Question: What is your favorite fall recipe? I love all things pumpkin! I am hosting my supper club in October and I'm hoping to try out a pumpkin cornbread recipe (to go with my Chili recipe. Tommy said "Do not stray from the classic chili recipe. There is no need for that!" ha!) and some kind of pumpkin/chocolate dessert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment