BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Monday, December 12, 2016

Favorite Things Party

Since graduating from college, my best friend Ansley and I have hosted some form of a Christmas party for our girlfriends. We started with a cookie exchange in our first apartment and then we took 2013 off (for good reason. Ansley got married December 21st!) and then last year we started a Favorite Things Party. She and I rotate years as to who hosts and this year is Ansley's turn. 


The way it works: Everyone brings an appetizer or dessert to share and 3 of the same item ($10-15 range) unwrapped. Everyone puts their name in a hat 3 times and each person tells a little something about their gift. They then pick three names out of the hat to go home with their item. At the end of the night you get to take home three of other's favorite things. We really enjoyed it last year so I think this theme is here to stay! Everyone brought their A game with their gifts this year. I landed up with a starbucks gift card, a le creuset small pan, and some bare minerals eye shadow. Some of the other gifts were the Skinny Taste Crockpot cookbook, exfoliators, volcano candles from Anthro, Mix and Match Mama's Cakes cookbook, gels for under your eyes to help them not look so tired, and a fan that plugs into your phone. Some fun little things that everyone enjoys! 

I posted on my Friday Favorites last week what I was making for the party but here are some pictures from the event itself!





We had a great night! Too much fun with my girlfriends. Looking forward to next year already!

No comments:

Post a Comment