BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas 2015

This week of Christmas was a hectic one filled with friends and family so it was WONDERFUL! Starting with the weekend before Christmas until now I will do a recap!

On December 19th we had the annual Mitchler Christmas party which is always a good time. "Festive" attire is suggested so everyone takes it as they please. With a bump I went tacky and Tommy went with cousin Eddie. There were a variety of sweaters and cocktail dresses at the party. 

Sunday the 20th was James and Claire's 21st birthday! We went over to my parents for the afternoon to open presents before heading to Tommy's parents for our big Christmas meal. We had quite the spread at the Robinsons. We did the big dinner that night because we were doing Christmas Eve with my family and Beth was leaving Christmas morning. 

Monday night the 21st we met my whole family at Yebo for the twins birthday dinner. It's a South African restaurant at Phipps and it was fantastic! I forgot to take any pictures. Oops! I can't believe James and Claire are 21 now. Makes me feel old! I know my mom is relieved to be past that hump. 

On the 22nd I went to dinner with my high school buddies (Ansley, Christy and Elizabeth). Every Christmas we go out to dinner rather than getting each other gifts. It's always a great time with those three! 

On the 23rd we had secret Santa with all my college girlfriends at Colleen's. It was so great because the majority of the girls from out of town were here and we had a long night of eating, drinking and chatting. It's not very often we get everyone from the West coast to the East coast in the same room without it being a wedding. This was a great night to just catch up! 

Christmas Eve was a busy one! We went to church with Bonnie, Brett and Collier at noon at our church. After church we ran home and scooped up Cooper, food and presents and headed to the Robinsons. We did presents with his family for a few hours. That night we headed to the lawries clubhouse for dinner with our South African "family" we have been doing Christmas Eve with since before I was born. We had 28 total at the table. There were four generations in the room because my Nana was there. It was a great night with people I love dearly but don't get to see often. It gets rowdy with lots of laughter. We left there around 11 to get home for some rest for Christmas Day! 



On Christmas morning we woke up and loaded the car with more food and more presents before driving to my parents house to spend the morning with my family. We had a delicious breakfast, stockings and gifts with the Williams crew. We are all spoiled by each other. It was nice to get some quality time with my immediate family before the Willi's flew up to Ohio to see Brett's family. It was great fun having Collier there this year. It's gonna be a busy house next year with two babies! 


After spending the morning with my family we went to Tommys parents to hang out. We went over to Aunt Marsha's for fish tacos and hangin out. We spent most of the afternoon with the Robinsons before driving back over to my parents. My Aubt, Uncle, and cousin Alastair were over for dinner. We enjoyed a few hours of games and catching up with the Swans. 

To say our Christmas week was busy is an understatement. We enjoyed the hustle because it meant spending time with those we love. This past weekend we spent time with friends from near and far as well. My cup is overflowing with being able to see so many friends and family members. 

We are leaving Wednesday morning for Cape San Blas with a group of 10 friends for the weekend and celebrating the new year. I am looking forward to some relaxation and rest. We went last year with this same group and decided it should be a yearly thing. Sweatpants, bonfires, beach, pups and friends. It doesn't get much better than that!!! 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I hope 2016 brings much joy and blessings to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment