BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Birthday Weekend Recap

This past Monday was mine and Tommy's birthday so we did some celebrating over the weekend. We were meant to go to dinner with my family on Friday night at Southbound but because of the weather we postponed to brunch on Saturday. The weather ended up not being as bad as we anticipated so I managed to make the birthday dinner for my friend Colleen. It was great to see my friends and one who came from out-of-town as well! 

Saturday for brunch we met my family (minus James who was on his fraternity formal in New Orleans) at Southbound. It was fantastic! Southbound is just a few minutes from our house and it's a favorite brunch spot for sure. After brunch, everyone came to our house to open presents and hang out for a bit. 



Saturday night we met some friends for an early dinner at Wing Factory and finished up our night with a Netflix movie and called it an early night to bed! MUCH needed

Sunday we went to church and then headed to our friend's, Kim and Andrew, baby shower. Baby Tashiro is due March 1st and I can't wait to meet him/her. I think it's a boy but we shall see! 


Sunday night I had a girls dinner with my friends for my birthday at Superica. It was really good! I had never been to Krog Street Market and was dying to see it and try it. It did not disappoint! 

Monday was mine and Tommy's actual birthdays. We went to dinner with his parents at Horseradish Grill. It was SO good! I got scallops on top of lobster risotto. MMMMM yum. 

So this weekend I was TERRIBLE about taking pictures. I think when you're pregnant and you don't like seeing yourself in pictures you just don't take any. I need to get better about it so that these next few months don't go undocumented. 

Speaking of pregnancy. I am 25 weeks now which seems so crazy. We are getting so much closer to meeting our sweet little one. I am feeling good most of the time. I am not sleeping awesome but that comes with the territory. She moves constantly which is reassuring to me when I need it. I'm getting bigger by the day it seems. Anyway! We have some things in the nursery now and have ordered the glider. Hoping for a crib in the coming month or so. I think once we have a crib in the baby's room it'll really feel real. We are off to Asheville this weekend to celebrate our good friend's, Kyle, 30th birthday. We are SO busy this Spring. SO many fun trips and times with friends/family we are looking forward to it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment