BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesday

It's a new year and it's a new session of Show and Tell Tuesday link ups with Momfessionals. I participated a few times last year but want to make sure to link up more this year (one of my blogging resolutions!) Here are the topics for this year...

I am Lisa and I'm a 26 year old administrator in an Elementary School. I grew up in Marietta, Georgia, and then attended the University of Georgia (Go Dawgs!). I moved back to Atlanta after graduating from college to pursue my teaching career. I taught at my school for four years in fifth grade before moving into an Administrator role this year. I am enjoying the change of pace and scenery that my new job brings. Tommy is a business developer for a financial recruiting firm. He would like to start his own business in the next year.

Tommy and I got married 18 months ago and have known each other since we were in High School. He's my best friend! I am so blessed to share my life with someone who makes me laugh every day and someone who just "gets" me. We have an adorable three-year-old lab named cooper!




We are expecting our first child (a little girl: Emma Claire) in May. We are over the moon excited about expanding our family. We had a bump along the road to parenthood but are stronger than ever because of it. We can't wait to meet her in just 18 weeks (or earlier hopefully rather than later!)

I come from a large family (I have 3 siblings, 2 sisters and 1 brother) and all these wonderful people are my favorite people in the world! I am so blessed to have the relationships I do with my parents, grandmother, and siblings. We became Aunt Lisa and Uncle Tommy in 2015 to our nephew, Collier. We adore that little man so much! My parents are from South Africa and immigrated to the States almost 30 years ago. They have instilled in us the love of traveling (wish we could afford to travel the world more than we do), hard work, and compassion. I am so grateful for all my parents have exposed me to and given me the opportunities for in my life. They are so special to me. 



I just launched my monogram business on Etsy this week and will be expanding what I monogram in the coming months. I have been monogramming now for about 9 months just by referrals of friends in the area but wanted to expand a bit. If you live in the Atlanta area I will monogram items you have as well (not just onesies). I really enjoy personalizing items for people! ElephantStitch is up for business! You can follow my instagram account @elephantstitch or email me at elephantstitch@gmail.com 
Tommy and I both like to keep ourselves busy! I am excited for all that this year has in store for us. My New Years resolutions are to get my monogram business up and running and spending more time in the coming months on me. We find ourselves saying "yes" to everything and find that our schedules are jam packed with stuff (all fun things I must add) but we don't take as much time for us.

I look forward to reading more on all of you through the linkup!



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your daughter on the way! I hope these next few months fly by for your. My daughter just turned 1 and it's definitely been a crazy and exciting year. Just letting you know, I'm stopping by from Show & Tell Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete