BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

{My First} Mother's Day

On Mother's Day last year I was anxiously awaiting Emma's arrival. Emma made her grand entrance into the world two days after Mother's Day last year so this was my first Mother's Day with a baby in my arms and oh how sweet it was! We started the morning with breakfast (made by Danny and Beth) at the Robinsons. It was delicious! I didn't take a picture of the feast but there was bacon, sausage, cheese grits, tater tots, scrambled eggs, and juice. It was so yummy. Thanks guys! 



From the Robinsons, the four of us (Cooper included) drove down to Krog Street Market. We walked the beltline from Krog Street to Ponce City Market and back. We ate lunch outside at Krog Street Market followed by dessert from Jenis ice cream. Such a fun afternoon with my family. Tommy asked me what I wanted to do on Mother's Day and all I wanted was to enjoy the beautiful day with my little family so that's just what we did. We had yummy laffa's from Yalla. The beltline is so nice to walk on because it's wide and easy to get onto. It was a beautiful day outside as well. We all enjoyed ourselves!



After we ate we went home for nap time. We all laid down for a bit (still recovering from party time the day before). After Emma woke up from her nap we headed to my parents new house for dinner with my family (minus Claire who is in Europe for the Summer). We grilled out and enjoyed the pretty weather on the back deck. Thanks to all the men who cooked dinner. We felt very spoiled! 












And lastly thanks to Tommy and Emma for making me feel special not just on Mother's Day. I couldn't be half the mom I am without Tommy. We make a great team and I'm so lucky he's my partner in this crazy adventure of parenthood!



No comments:

Post a Comment