BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Life Lately

So Summer break is over and I'm back at work. I started last Thursday and teachers all come back tomorrow. Here's a little snapshot at what we did the last little bit of the break and the past two weekends! 

We checked off going to Piedmont Park and walking/picnicing with Cooper. It was a really nice morning and the park wasn't crowded at all. We walked a good long loop around the perimeter and then found a little garden area to sit for a picnic. Cooper, Emma and I really enjoyed the fresh air! 




The day before I went back to work my mom and I took Collier and Emma to the aquarium. It's so HOT in Atlanta right now that we wanted to do something indoors. We got there just after they opened (around 9:15am) and were able to really see a lot of the exhibits before it got too crowded. we left just before noon to get the kiddos back for naps. We had a great time! Thanks for joining me mom!







This past weekend we met the Willis at the splash pad when they first opened. I wish we had gone sooner because Emma loved this! It was nice for us because she's not submerged in any water and can just wander as she pleases. She doesn't care at all when a fountain splashes on her face. This was a great little activity to get outside but it didn't take the whole morning. We will be going back for sure. 






Two weekends ago we took some friends of ours to my parents beach house and left Emma back in Atlanta to spend time with both sets of grandparents. We went one night early and got to have a day on the beach just the two of us and out on a datenight. We really needed the alone time. The three other couples came on Thursday night. The three guys all lived with Tommy in Buckhead before we got married. We hadn't done a trip with just the 8 of us before and it was wonderful. These are our people who we are so grateful to share so many memories with. Thanks to my parents for letting us stay at their house!




Thomas Hoffman turned one and I went to celebrate him last weekend. Laura did such a cute job decorating for the "par-tee". 








For Bonnie's birthday on the 24th we had a family pool/pizza night at our neighborhood pool. Such a fun night celebrating and we were so glad the rain/storms moved on. We were the only ones at the pool until just before we left. 




Emma is adjusting to the toddler room at school. She is SO tired when she gets home because naps on a mat aren't quite as long as naps at home. 2/4 days so far she has needed a cat nap when she got home because she was just completely exhausted. I hope she learns to nap longer soon. I love the snuggles and naps on me (she hasn't done this in MONTHS) but I also want her to be happy when we get home. I'd love to still enjoy the pool in the afternoons after work while we still can. Other than naps she is doing great in the toddler room. I am moved into my new office at work and excited to start this year in my new position as math coach. I have a really strong feeling about the successes we will see this year with our students. Can't believe it's already the start of another school year. 

Just some playtime photos from recently. Emma is at such a fun age. I love watching her explore and learn something new every day. She is such a bright light in our lives. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment