BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Thanksgiving this year was wonderful! Finally after the first few days of rain, the sun came out ready for us to enjoy!! Thanksgiving morning we all got up and put our tshirts on that Carolyn had designed and headed to the beach for our 5k. My dad always goes ahead and maps it out for us so we just look for the line in the sand at the halfway point. Of course the morning gives us a time for photo ops! 
Me and my siblings recreating a photo from four years ago. (James, Claire, me, Bonnie and baby) 
My whole family from left to right is Dad, tommy, me, Bonnie, Brett, Claire, mom and James. We aren't short people and we come as a pack. 

After the 5k , we headed back to our house for pumpkin pancakes and bacon. This is quickly becoming tradition. My dad runs ahead so he can get the cooking started for everyone to eat when they get home. 


The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing and finishing up the cooking for the Thanksgiving feast. We headed over to the Balfour/Abernathu house with our roasted potatoes, broccoli, chocolate cake, caramel pecan cake, and bacon wrapped sausages. This was then met by all the other wonderful foods brought by the other families. We are not a small crowd at thanksgiving. I believe we had 27 this year. The group keeps growing. We had two newcomers to this years dinner and next year we add a baby to the mix. Here is all the food laid out. There were not many leftovers if you can believe it! 

It is always a good time with this crew and we always have a good laugh. After dinner we play the dollar game which is hilarious. Whitney won the pot this year. She deserves it! She's working on her PhD at Boston College. After dinner we all headed to see the new Hunger Games movie. Loved it!  

Friday morning it was time for Black Friday shopping so Bonnie, nana and I headed to the mall bright and early. We came away in two hours successful and were able to enjoy the rest of the day at the beach and watching football (hoping for an Arkansas win that didn't happen). That night we went to our favorite place for dinner, Perrones. It didn't disappoint! I got the Lobster risotto which was delicious. We had a wonderful family dinner as the week was coming to a close. 

Saturday was a day FULL of disappointing football games, beach time, cards against humanity, and more football. 

I love getting to spend time with people who mean so much to me. I only get to see some of them this week each year so I cherish every minute spent with them. It was so sad to come home on Sunday and have to get ready for the work week. Litchfield beach is one of my favorite places to go. It brings so much calmness, tranquility, relaxation, family, and memories. I've been going to this beach most of my life and will for the rest of my life. I can't wait to share this special place with my own family one day. It holds a special place in my heart! 

(A few more pictures from the trip)








My cousin, Alastair 
My dad, Alastair and Tommy surfing (they were crazy!) 
Tommy and Michael Stribos with the Stribos' dog, Oreo. 
Carolyn morgan, Emily brown (soon-to-be Abernathy) and me
My cousin Lucy, Bonnie, Whitney Abernathy, and Claire 
My brother-in-law Brett, Zac Morgan and my brother James. 
Tommy, mom, James, Dad and my Nana. 

Looking forward to next year already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment