BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Tis the season

As I'm sitting here staring at my Christmas tree with wrapped presents I can't help but count the many blessings I have in my life. The Christmas season is my favorite time of year. I love picking out gifts for my family. Tommy thinks I'm crazy because I start buying Christmas gifts in October, but I always try to get the perfect gift for my family members. Today was the first Saturday in a very long time that I didn't have any plans and I am happy to say I did NOTHING today. We've been out of town the past few Saturdays and so on this rainy Saturday I enjoyed some Christmas movies, Christmas wrapping and quiet time with Cooper and Tommy. One of my favorite things about Christmas is decorating the tree and the rest of the house. I love opening our box of ornaments and reminiscing on different places we've been or special ornaments from people.


For the past four years my best friend Ansley and I have had a cookie exchange party. We had it last night at Ansley's house and we had a great time. Lots of wonderful cookies! 
Everyone makes a dozen cookies and takes home an assortment of them. We had hors devours and lots of wine (I've also been feeling the wine today). So excited about the various Christmas parties and gift exchanges to come in the next few weeks. Did I mention how much I love this time of year?! 


Wishing everyone a wonderful month of December sharing it with family and friends. 

Tis the season to be jolly! A few pictures of our decorations around the house. 

When you don't have a mantle on your fireplace you have to get creative! 


Newest addition to our tree (bought it at the Christmas shop at the Hammock Shops on Pawleys Island) 




No comments:

Post a Comment