BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Monday, June 1, 2015

1st Anniversary

Yesterday we celebrated our first wedding anniversary! May 31, 2014, was the best day ever! We got married at Peachtree Presbyterian Church and our reception was at Summerour Studios! It was a day filled with family and friends from near and far. I can't believe it's already been a year!


We have done so much this past year between vacations, friends weddings, becoming an aunt/uncle, thrown wedding and baby showers, changed jobs, gotten promotions and so much more. I couldn't imagine experiencing all these things without Tommy by my side. He is my best friend and brings so much love and joy into my life. I am so grateful for our relationship! 

We celebrated by going up to Dahlonega to visit the Wolf Mountain Vineyard. They have a brunch on Sunday's that changes monthly. This month's theme was sparkling white wine and seafood. The food was fantastic! We will definitely be going back. After brunch, we went to the tasting room to enjoy a flight of five wines for a tasting. The wine was good and the views were wonderful. It's set at the top of a mountain and you can see for miles. I can imagine in October it's beautiful with the colors changing. After the tasting we walked the property once the rain stopped to see what else they had to offer. We had a wonderful afternoon enjoying it just being the two of us. 

Here are some pictures from Wolf Mountain:
(Finally wore my new dress. In love!)










(View of the wedding venue they have on the property from the main building)
(It was a busy place yesterday!)
(Their wedding venue)
(Looking back up to the main restaurant and tasting room)

When we got home we spent our Sunday evening relaxing with our favorite buddy. We rented "Unbroken" and ate some of the BBQ our friend Evan sent us for our anniversary (Friday I came home to this huge box of BBQ and fixings on our doorstep. If you know my husband this was the best gift ever!). I made some banana bread with some bananas that were about to go bad and called it a night. It was a perfect day with my favorite person!

Big loaf is plain banana bread and mini loafs I added chocolate chips. Yummy!

(The drawer full of BBQ and fixings. I laughed out loud when I opened it)

And lastly, since year one is the anniversary for paper, I got tommy our first dance song typed out and framed to add to our buildings and he didn't know about the paper thing so I got some beautiful flowers. 



Excited for what God has in store for year 2 and the many years after that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment