BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

What's Up Wednesday


What we're eating this week.... This week I'm making Skinny Tastes chicken Parmesan, jerk chicken tacos and then grilling boerwors (South African sausage) and vegetables. Tryin to get back on a meal planning schedule now that I'm going back to work. Summer has been so hectic! 

What I'm reminiscing about... Our fabulous trip to the Pacific Northwest. We have seen a bunch of family and friends since that have asked us about it and I just love telling them how much fun we had!! 


What I'm loving.... Seeing family and friends more regularly because I have he energy during the summer. Getting to go to lunches with my mom and grandma are a favorite of mine. I'm also loving getting to take Cooper on long walks with swimming! 

What we've been up to... We have been busy with trips to the beach, Seattle and Portland since last month. We have been doing some yard work and clearing out around be house. 


What I'm dreading... Waking up in the dark hours for work. Hearing an alarm clock and having to actually get up right away. My very last day to sleep in was TODAY 😭

What I'm working on... Figuring out my responsibilities for my new position at school this year. I'm busy moving into my new office, getting in contact with who I need to for my jobs this year and getting to know my new principal. 

What I'm excited about... The new school year! Yes I'm not ready for summer to be over but I am ready for the school year. We have a lot of change coming this year and new initiatives but I'm excited about a new challenge. 

What I'm watching/reading... I'm still reading "The Substitute" which is ok. I preferred the other books I read this summer. What I'm watching is PLL because it's the only show I have that is new during the summer. 

What I'm listening to... Nothing new really. Yay the radio whenever I'm running around town getting myself ready for work to start! 

What I'm wearing... I've been living in my Piko shirts lately because they are comfortable and cute colors! 

What I'm doing this weekend... My best friend, Samantha, is coming in town from Orlando for a wedding and staying with us. I haven't seen her since April! She flies in Friday and then her boyfriend arrives Saturday morning. While they are at the wedding Saturday night I am going to the SHANIA TWAIN concert! I'm so excited!!! 


What I'm looking forward to next month...we have two weddings in August for high school/college friends of ours. Tommy's friend, drew, from growing up is marrying my roommate from college, Caroline. Tommy is a groomsman and I am a greeter. We are excited to celebrate with so many friends! At the end of August, we have my high school prom date, Colin (Tommy's roommate after college) and his fiancé, Meghan, are getting married at Summerour (where we had our reception!). Looking forward to another night with great friends! 


What else is new... This month my little sister has been in Rome, Itsly, studying abroad and I've been living vicariously through her. Oh to be in college again. Her travels have been so fun! Also my older sister just started a new job at Carter's so baby clothes for everyone! 

What will you miss most about summer...sleeping in, not having to chug my coffee in the car, lunch dates, and walks at the river with my mom and the dogs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment