BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Collier's Baptism- July 12, 2015

Sometimes life can throw you for a loop and things don't go according to your plan. In these times the only thing that helps get you through it is knowing that he has a plan. Even though we may not understand the route in which his plan is taking us you have to have faith that it will all come together the way you thought. There are road blocks that come along to test your faith but those are the times you feel your faith getting stronger. There is only one person you can turn your sorrows and hardships to and that is God.

As Hebrews 11:1 states "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." 


Today was the day of my nephew's baptism. Tommy and I were honored to be asked to be his Godparents. Today was so special for my family to see Collier and the community that surrounds him. I can't wait to see what God has in store for his life and I feel lucky to be a part of it. He has no idea how loved he is and how much we are so grateful for him. In such a short amount of time he has every member of my family wrapped around his little finger. My sister and brother-in-law are also members of Peachtree Presbyterian so the 8:45 Summit Service is when Collier got baptized. Marnie Crumpler did the baptisms of the three little boys this morning (one of which is a son of another couple in my sisters bible study. Pretty awesome the boys got baptized together). My whole family (minus Claire who is studying abroad in Italy) and Brett's family from Ohio were all in attendance to experience this beautiful occasion for Collier James. The sermon was fantastic and the worship music was beautiful. Joe Skillen really knows how to hit home on a Sunday morning. 





After church we all went to the Willi's for lunch! Mom made the appetizers, Nana made the dessert, Bonnie and Brett made the main meal, and I organized the desserts. I chose to let those that are way more talented than me handle the desserts! I got cookies made by a local girl starting up her business called PastryShells. My mom also had the bright idea with my brother coming from Athens to order my sister's favorite Caramel Cake from Cecelia's (who made both of our wedding cakes. They make all the cakes for Last Resort in Athens too). We had a great gathering with both families. Always nice to have everyone together. 



(Should have moved the broken one before taking the picture. Oops!)



Collier and Grandma Williams 

Lastly, here is a picture of the gift I gave Collier. We were given this by some friends for our Anniversary and I thought it would be perfect to give Collier to start his ornament collection. This is the main sanctuary at Peachtree Presbyterian. This easy shop has molds of the major churches in Atlanta. She only makes 2000 of each mold. 

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”

1 comment: