BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Weekend Recap

We had a nice weekend with friends, family, and productivity. Friday night we went to El Taco in the highlands for a my friend's, Alex, birthday dinner. We had delicious Mexican pizza and margaritas! I didn't take any pictures unfortunately but we had a great time celebrating Al! 

Saturday morning we had an early start. Tommy headed out early for an 8 am tee time and I got up to walk cooper and get ready for my day. I went to a yard sale benefitting a woman who died recently in Buckhead from an unknown disease. It was a terrible story and I felt inclined to go to the sale to raise money for her husband to pay the hospital bills. The community donated items to sell and all the profits went to the husband and her two daughters. I bought a fireplace shield ($15 steal!), a candle holder for my dining table and a toy for Collier. I consider that a success!


From the sale, I headed to Bonnie's to leave for Athens for lunch. Collier was supposed to come with but he caught a cold this weekend and needed to stay home and sleep. We left for Athens to meet up with my other brother and sister for lunch at our favorite place Pauleys! Their buffalo chicken crepe is the best. We had a great sibling lunch. It was nice just being the four of us. We don't get that opportunity very often. I hadn't seen Claire since she left for her study abroad at the beginning of July so it was great to catch up with her and see her new place. After lunch we drove to Claire's house (she lives in the same neighborhood I lived in my junior/senior year of college. So many memories in the Station). From there we drove to James' place to see his house. They both seemed settled and ready to take on their junior year of college! It was great to see them and looking forward to some game weekends in Athens very soon. 




Saturday when I got home I headed to a friends parents house to hang out by the pool for a few hours. From the pool, our friends came to our house for some Mellow Mushroom pizza, dog play time, and catch up time with the girls. We had a relaxing night surrounded by good friends. Not much better than that! We bought our house because we like to entertain people and this was a nice night of low-key entertaining. Tommy and I are lucky that our friends married each other so when the couples come over I have my best friends over and he does too. Just about perfect! 

Today we woke up to a thunderstorm and lots of rain! I had some monogramming I needed to get caught up on for our friends Wendy and Frank who are having their first child in September. I can't wait to meet baby Charlie in just a few weeks! Wendy let me take free reign on the bibs and onesies which was fun for me. 


Once I finished monogramming I decided I wanted to repaint the sofa table we have in our living room. I painted it red a few years ago when I was living in my apartment and just hadn't touched it since. The red didn't really go with the rest of my decor so I bought some grey paint and I like it so much better! Looks so fresh and clean now and matches the rest of my color scheme much better. Tommy hated the red and so he likes this much better too! 



I spent the late afternoon cooking up some quinoa salad for myself for lunch this week and a quinoa enchilada bake for dinner. This casserole was a hit with the hubby so it will be making another appearance. I added ground turkey to appease the male in my life. It was delicious! 




Buffalo chicken quinoa salad for me this week for lunch. Finally got myself organized and made it for the week. 

That wraps up our weekend. Looking forward to a busy week of TKES training and getting ready for being able to do classroom observations. 

Have a great week! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the grey color you chose for your sofa table! I've been on the watch for a nice, soft grey for a table my husband built. Isn't it amazing what something as simple as paint can do?

    ReplyDelete