BlogLovin Follow

Follow

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

What's Up Wednesday- August



What we're eating this week..... I blogged about this on Sunday but we are still eating off of the quinoa enchilada bake (I added ground turkey). We are also planning on grilling chicken and vegetables tonight and then using leftover grilled chicken for salad on Thursday. 

What I'm reminiscing about....Summer and sleep! I am so excited about Fall coming but miss the leisure of summer. We had a wonderful summer (with it's moments of ups and downs) with pool days, tennis, vacations, beach, and friends. 

What I'm loving....The fall clothes, glimpses of the weather changing, football about to start, and being back on a schedule. I know I'm contradicting myself as I am missing my Summer flexibility but I do love being back in my regular routine. 

What we've been up to....Tommy has had a lot of softball games, I went with my sister to Athens to visit the twins, both of us started new jobs this month, and enjoying time with friends at weddings. It's been a busy month filled with lots of rainy days. 

What I'm dreading....

What I'm working on....Getting my husband to build these for me (it's not going well so far!) My order of preference is sofa table, mantle, and coffee table. I want the mantle by Christmas at the least! I'm slowly working on getting him on board for building again. 




What I'm excited about...I am a member of Peachtree Presbyterian Church and this year they are really wanting to make my school where I work a focus. Lake Forest really could use community support and I love that my church is taking this on. Peachtree Presbyterian came to interview my new principal and I am so grateful to be working for someone who walks the walk. Here is a link to the video interview. 


What I'm watching/reading...I am on a binge of watching Private Practice on netflix. 

Image result for private practice

I'm reading from my favorite...Pioneer woman! 


What I'm listening to...The Bert Show on Q100 to work. I get about 20 minutes of their entertainment every morning. 
Image result for bert show
What I'm wearing... I did a little back to school shopping and here are my favorites! 
You can buy this shirt here
You can buy this dress here

You can buy this dress here

What I'm doing this weekend....Friday night we have a stock the bar shower for our family friend, Ben, and his fiance Emily. Saturday I have a wedding shower for my college friend, Lizzie. Saturday night we have a wedding for our 2 friends from college and Tommy's old roommate. I'm excited about their wedding because they are having their reception at the same place we got married! Excited to go back and experience it from the guest side. I love Summerour! 

Needless to say it's going to be a crazy busy weekend! 

What I'm looking forward to next month...I am really excited to be going to Hilton Head with my college friends to watch our friend Lizzie get married. We rented this house and are getting a long weekend together! With everyone living all over the place I cherish the times we are all together. Also looking forward to football season starting! My house is divided between UGA (Go dawgs!) and Auburn (hubby's team). By the time December rolls around I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune when all we do all weekend is watch football but it sure is fun! 



What's your favorite back to school tradition? Since it's just me and Tommy we don't really have back-to-school traditions but I look forward to the day where I start these with my kids. The beginning of a school year is always exciting and I can't wait to have these moments. 

That's it from me folks! Can't believe it's almost SEPTEMBER!


1 comment:

  1. That quinoa enchilada bake sounds yummy! Love the Pioneer Woman!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete